- 1878 - The Pike family patriarch, Henry Pike, emigrates from Dorset, England to South Australia aboard the HMS Oakland.
- 1885 - Henry Pike establishes Pikes Dorset Brewery, later to become known as H. Pike & Son , when son Walter Henry becomes involved in the business.
- THE 1940’s - H. Pike and Son begin brewing soft drinks, cordials, and tonic water.
- 1984 - Pikes Polish Hill River estate is purchased by Neil, Andrew, Cathy, Edgar and Merle Pike.
- 1985 - Pikes Wines releases its first vintage of Polish Hill Riesling and opens its cellar door.
- 1988 - The first stage of the Pikes Winery is built.
- 1992 - A new cellar door is built on the estate, in an old shearing shed that dates back to 1860.
- 1996-2005 - Pikes Clare Valley Estate grows to approximately 90 hectares.
- Present Day - The Estate now comprises almost 100 hectares of vineyard, home to 20 different grape varieties.